Tuesday, May 10, 2005

This is Spring?

Today it is hot.

Apparently this is still Spring weather. Apparently this is not hot.

Indoors with the shade and with the fans turned on us, I am still sweating. It must be close to 30 degrees in my work space. Outside in the sun, you don't last for more than two minutes before you need the shade of a tree or a building. The difference in temperature is significant.

I asked the director if we would be able to turn on the air conditioner. The answer?

Absolutely not!

If they can find one that is in working order, they may lend me a fan for near my desk.

A couple of Tunisian coworkers, walking around in sweaters made fun of my intolerance. But I was relieved to see others, in the same room as me, faning themselves with bits of paper.

This summer will be a hot one, they said. I'm afraid to even imagine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home