Monday, January 31, 2005

Point of Saturation

It funny, you know, you get along fine for a while, enjoying the world around you, reveling in all that is new and at your own sense of adventure and wonder. Then, like a child after a day at the fair, you reach the point of saturation and it’s too much. It’s not anything in particular, no one horrible mistake, no major catastrophe; just something small is not what you thought it would be, like your schedule gets rearranged, or you realize you forgot to buy shampoo, and you’re ready to cry.

Apparently the saturation point was reached yesterday sometime. Every small thing was emotionally devastating and I felt exhausted every time someone spoke in Arabic. Loren was wonderful; he just kept telling me about what a great day I was going to have tomorrow. That’s something that’s totally invaluable; a partner who know how to make you feel better when you think you can’t be consoled. Bless you Loren!

4 Comments:

At 8:11 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assimilating into a culture is a process of osmosis. Over the course of time, information will percolate into your knowledge bank. It is too easy to forget, how far you have come and what you have learned already. If you allow yourself to look back to just two short weeks ago, you will realize how much you have learned.

Relax, enjoy the sights and the sounds. Breathe deep. By next week you will know more. Smile, smile, and smile.

Most importantly, keep counting your blessings! I know every night when I count my blessings you are in it and so is Loren!

Love Mom
Love Gaila

 
At 10:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Loren!
heheheee.
You too, Tiara!
Everything will be fine.

I'll try to send a more indepth email later, now that I have it again.
Just stopped by for an update.

Amazing stories, just amazing. Congrats you two!

-rich
ps: Steeps isn't the same without you two either. yes, both of you.

 
At 10:26 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI there

I'm sure by now everything is ok, and it WILL be, have faith! Little Annie is absolutely right, there will be sun tomorrow. Bumps along the way make life interesting or so my sister once told me. Oh, I forgot what my Dad also said "don't let the bas...ds get you down"

Take care, keep smiling

Christine

 
At 8:46 a.m., Blogger Loren said...

like the comment Keith, we'll be sure to keep it well in mind...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home