Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Canvas and Supplies!

Yay! I have canvas. I have supplies. I have wood. I have more supplies and better yet, I have a Tunisian friend who is helping me to get the stuff at a decent rate! mwahahahaha! I'm giddy with the possibilities as I must admit I was more than a little sad to see all that stuff packed away and left in Canada.

But now I'm set. I have three large-ish (about two by three foot) canvases that are on the go. I'm working primarily in acrylic on those bad boys, but I plan to be adding in some mixed media elements as they become necessary.

I have a gaggle of tinier canvases (ten by twenty centimeters) that I'm raring to get going on, and the house is awash in saws, staple gun, stray bits of paper (for papier mache), glue, sticks collected from outside... the list is pretty long. And while I'm working on art, I'm also working on improvements for the house - like a new coffee table for the living room (ours is a mat-black monstrosity) and side tables for the bedroom (we ain't got none) and covers for the lights (we have bare bulbs). It's a slow process, but the experience of working on craft in between art steps is a great one. It's always been a bit of a weakness for me, and I'm set on building it up.

Also, I got an English Teaching job at AMIDEast - an American NGO English School, and I'm starting to teach here at ENDA too. Looks like I'll be nearly doubling Tiara's salary come the end of the month :-) Yay!

And with that, adieu for now and I'll keep you updated with more developements as they come up!

2 Comments:

At 1:16 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there

We are playing on the internet. We have no lives. We can only write short sentences...Grandma and Grandpa will visit your site. Peter is a doofus, and now the world knows.

Love you
Christine

 
At 1:16 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi we are doing simultaneous comments. I have not had supper, Christine has no function of her cerebrum because her entire heaq is an empty lucunus.

Peter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home