Monday, March 21, 2005

Holidays Abound!

Yesterday was the national day of independance, the day Tunisia was freed of France and Habib Bourguiba became the first democratically elected president of the nation.

Too bad democracy doesn't last in places like this eh? I'll be writing more on that in the near future.

And today is a holiday too. It is the National day in celebration of Youth. And I'm youth, so I should be celebrating. So should my co-workers, because they are youth too! But unfortunetly, we don't work for a Tunisian organization, so it doesn't matter that we are youth, tunisian or otherwise. We get to work today for the good of all those people who are at home celebrating.

Good for us.

1 Comments:

At 10:18 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's sucky hon - think about the money you're earning, though, by working instead of celebrating. Heh... sometimes that thought is enough but really, who am I kidding? Chin up beautiful.

xoxo,
Jodie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home