Monday, March 14, 2005

North African Mystery

This morning the sun was shining and the forcast read me a happy little letter of:

Monday 18
Tuesday 20
Wednesday 18

I couldn't have been happier! Outside the morning chill was still in the air, but the sun was shining. Tea was served in the courtyard instead of in the kitchen in celebration of the arrival of spring. I couldn't help but notice two branches on a tree had burst into white blossoms. I stood under it with my hot cup of sweet green tea and smiled, thinking that spring must really be coming soon.

By lunch the tree had exploded. Every branch was covered in white petals and bright green buds.

How is it possible that a tree can go from half blooming to fully bloomed in four hours? Is there something special in the soil? In the air? (I think it's mostly pollutants in the air, so lets rule that out.) What magical property has the Tunisian sun got that makes trees bloom in a morning?

At last an authentic North-African Mystery. I've been waiting on that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home