Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Oh, The Things You Can See!

Now that we've figured out how to use picassa2 and hello and how to interface them with blogger and gmail (all lovely features offered by google, god bless them!) we have a bunch of photos to show you. I've been happy just figuring out how it all works, so I haven't put much time into writing about it all. I'll get back to writing soon, though, I promise.

The thing that bugs me is that it's not instantaneous. You're getting pictures from last weekend or the one before of from our first week. For now that's alright, but I'd really like to be able to show you what I mean when I'm writing about it. Maybe that means I'll have to plan my blogs in advance. Who knows? Anyway, I'll try to start thinking about the little things that I want you all to see. I'd love to show you all the district where I work and the poverty, but it's a little bit iffy to have whitey wandering around in Solidarity Town with a digital camera happily snapping pictures of the unemployed, undereducated and hungry. Know what I mean? So I'll see what I can do. It's the part of Tunis I think I like the best, and I like it because it's gritty and real. If you come visit, I'll show you what I mean. I think you'll like it, though maybe not at first.

Anyway, I've posted a bunch of images from our trip to the ruins at Dougga from the weekend before last, and I included two cute snapshots of Loren and I when we were in Hammamet on our first weekend in Tunisia. I hope you enjoy them and remember to read Loren's posting that comes after them. Like before, I wouldn't want you to miss them for the pictures ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home