Friday, August 19, 2005

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Cigars.

You know, I hadn't really realised how much I missed them. Nor had I realised how much I missed being able to chat about them - think about the finer things, taste the finer things and just take time out to watch the world go by.

Because, that's one of the things about smoking a cigar. I don't really see the point of smoking one indoors, and it's impossible (indeed it feels taboo - and not in a positive way) for me to be anything but relaxed outside when I'm smoking one. So a casual stroll, or a quiet sit peppered with conversation and that drowsiness that the nicotine slips over. Enjoying the outdoors. Enjoying the time away from hustle. Enjoying the truly Buddhist sensation (in a not-so-Buddhist slightly drugged state) of just being, for an hour or so.

And then there's the nice cigar. Romeo y Julietta - the Cuban variety. Churchill size. That's a serious, and seriously delicious cigar. In short, I have found another cigar-lover. One that happens to have the opportunity to travel relatively often - to places where you can purchase the good tobacco. Hmmm.

And with that - adieu for now - with one last comment. Richard - send me an email. You should be able to find my address by following my name, if not leave yours in a comment and I'll delete that so that it doesn't get sucked up by a junk mail sniffer.

1 Comments:

At 11:43 a.m., Blogger -annon. said...

which Richard are you referring to?

would it be me?

while talking about cigars?

mmmm....cigars. been craving one for quite a while now...damn you - reminding me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home