Friday, March 25, 2005

Hotel and Sunshine Holidays

Welcome to Hotel Letourneau (three star rating).

The living spaces are bright, the temperature is hot, the cooking is not bad and the company is exceptional! (If we do say so ourselves.)

Enjoy the hot sunny Tunisian sun, the bargains in the ancient walled inner city, the pictureseque blue and white abodes in Sidi Bou Said and tour Africa's popular districe Hay Ettadhamen with your very own tour guide. Enjoy the African heat in this exceptionally hot year (temperatures today are up to 30 degrees in the shade!) The beach is only minutes away in an "authentic" Tunisian Taxi - seatbelts not included - and culture is in the very air you breath. It's a once in a lifetime experience, and while the plane ticket is outrageously expensive, the lodging is basically free.

Now who could resist an offer like that?

You'll need to book soon though, as the dates are quickly filling up:
  • One Ms. Jodie Lightfoot will be visiting from March 28th to April 9th.
  • One Mr. Jason Blackstock will be visiting from April 15th to April 29th.
  • My own dear Mother, Gaila Erickson, will be visiting from late July (very, very hot!) to early August.
  • Did we hear Mr. Milos Pospisil placing a bid for early May? Could that be right?
And are there any other takers? Opportunity for adventures abound! We may even be taking a safari on camel-back through the Sahara in mid April. We can verify this afterwards, but I'm sure we wouldn't mind doing the trip more than once with our friends. (Remember though, that if you want to go into the desert you'll need to come in the spring or fall! Otherwise you'll dry out like fruit leather.)

Missing everyone today! Can't you tell?

And speaking of hotels, Loren and I will be headed to Sousse, an hour South of Tunis, for the ENDA staff retreat. It will be a marvelous weekend of sunshine, white sand beaches, the cool blue Mediterranean, spicy-salty foods, and friends. We're even planning to watch Michael Moore's latest film. (Yes, two Canadians and about 80 arabs watching Farinheight 9-11!)

I'll send you warm thoughts and sunshine wishes when I'm on the beach culturing my golden skin tones! Wish you all could be there.

1 Comments:

At 7:28 p.m., Blogger Dunctonsteel said...

Hello my two favorite people!

It's been a while since I have endeavored to write anything and so I have been up to my ears in a mix of school fun and nastiness. I miss you two, but it sounds as though you are still discovering new things and uncovering ever more in the land of soothing (?) scenic sand. So what's new here; I auditioned for a role in Le Noze de Figaro and I got one! Yay, I'm playing the judge Don Curzio. The Madrigals silent auction and dinner was a resounding success grossing over 22,000$-this I am very proud of as I created the database and all financial data necessary to quickly verify people's tickets/credit cards and other miscellaneous....yay for business! Speaking of which, business is going well. I just finished a presentation on exporting crude oil from Alberta to Brazil in IB class-it was fun! I quite enjoy researching and actually getting somewhere with it... German continues to be difficult-and on every assignment that I get back the prof. write "you're really doing quite well considering you skipped a level..." Ahh! I don't want that; but I'm getting in late 70's in most of my marks-*sigh*.

Every now and again I bump into Steeps people and they always ask how Loren is-I don't know how many times I've given out the ol' blog (I hope that's ok!)... but you are missed and your sculpture lies there like a proud defiant image of yourself-I don't think it's used as a drug trading spot anymore though, but that was sure cool while it lasted!

So...yes I really REALLY want to go on a camel trek; maybe we could happen upon some unknown relic in the middle of the desert-all Indian Jones...that would be most fun! I need some WARM (I really can't stress that enough) adventure. It's been lower than -10oC here and while you have sand, yup I have the white stuff...LOTS of the white stuff-and no I don't mean coke or meth. Summer will never come, I swear, and I just have to keep on waiting to see where I'm going to end up: my EDC interview is on the 30th at 3:30-wish me luck! I should be hearing back from the city this next week as to whether I have an interview there (for the economic analyst position). So I stay limbotic...that is in limbo: hmmm, I really don't think that that's a word:P

Ah well, I could ramble on for hours; but I should to work go! (as they say in German: Ich muss arbeiten!-I don't really know why I threw that one in...maybe to justify spending countless hours studying a language that I cannot use...!lol) Ok, I will now depart; let me know how everything is I hope both the art and the work (mutual) and the revery are all in balance. Drink lots, enjoy everything and I'll be there soon! Happy Easter!
--------| | |
-----|++++++|
----|~~~~~~~~|
----|~~~~~~~~|
----|~~~~~~~~|
-----|++++++|
--------| | |(Easter egg for you! :D)

Love you both!

You bro,

-Nathan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home